With the UK’s workforce adapting and adjusting to their newly imposed work environment, wellbeing app REVOOLA is leading a campaign to help employers look after their staff’s mental and physical fitness while working from home during the coronavirus epidemic.
Mark Williams, co-founder at REVOOLA said: “Our daily lives have changed dramatically, routines have been thrown out of the window and many workers are feeling anxious and concerned about the uncertainty in the coming weeks and months. Never has it been more important for businesses to show empathy, care, kindness and support to their staff. And helping employees stay mentally and physically fit is a very tangible and crucial way businesses can support their employees in these unsettling times.”
REVOOLA is offering all of the UK’s workforce and businesses free 30 day access to its wellbeing app featuring a huge choice of instructor-led mindfulness activities and body fitness classes. It has the following advice for employers to help them look after their staff:
- Check in on your staff everyday if possible. Ideally via a direct, interactive connection (a phone or video call) rather than just by email. Ask them how they are, how they are feeling, show you care. Try and build a sense of community, belonging and connectivity during this period of isolation – we’re all in this together.
- Understand and accept that your workforce will not be able to be as productive as they usually are. For many, home has become a pressure cooker with several people sharing the same space. Many staff will be juggling work alongside looking after children, elderly family members or vulnerable neighbours. Offer flexibility around their working hours and expected delivery.
- Focus on the positives that this enforced working environment brings. Not having to commute to work means some staff may have a bit more leisure time. Encourage them to make the most of this, whether that’s getting up a bit later, reading a book, a more leisurely breakfast or fitting in a run, walk or fitness class at the start or end of the working day.
- Many workers are struggling with insomnia, lack of concentration and focus. Motivate staff to take control by establishing new routines, setting targets and goals wherever possible to aid a sense of purpose and achievement.
- Suggest that staff have a specific time when their working day starts and ends. It’s important people still have a sense of getting away from the office mentally, even if it’s no longer possible physically. Downtime is crucial.
- Encourage employees to keep fit mentally and physically every day – this will have an uplifting effect on their wellbeing, give a sense of achievement and boost productivity.
- REVOOLA offers a huge choice of instructor-led mindfulness activities and body fitness classes, helping teams be at their best every day. Employees can even schedule classes with colleagues and exercise together in real-time giving a sense of community and motivation.
Mark Williams continued, “Many employees are feeling overwhelmed right now. We want to help businesses really take care of their staff and show kindness in this changed new reality we all find ourselves in. Wellbeing apps like REVOOLA offer practical ways to address some of the anxieties and their implications that many workers are feeling. We want to help businesses build resilience in their workforce and help everyone emerge stronger physically and mentally well from this crisis.”
Notes to editors
REVOOLA is a wellbeing app offering inclusive and engaging mindfulness and body fitness for everyone.
REVOOLA uniquely enables users to measure, track and manage the quality of their physical exercise and mindfulness activities by using REVOOLA Effort Value and REVOOLA Mindful Score.
REVOOLA offers a huge choice of instructor-led mindfulness activities and body fitness classes and activities to suit everyone from all ages and levels of mind and body fitness. On-demand classes and activities can be accessed whenever it suits, wherever the user is located.
Mindfulness classes are split into six categories: energise, focus, happiness, mindful movement, relax, sleep.
Body fitness classes are split into hiit, dance, pilates, ride, warm and yoga.
In addition to classes, REVOOLA’s ‘open workout’ enables users to track their own body fitness activity including walking, running, cycling, yoga and pilates.